While there is still so much more to be done, in 2012 we truly have made great progress in our fight against pulmonary hypertension. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to read PHA’s 2012 Annual Report (PDF).
The increases in research funding, the expanded patient programming, the launch of our early diagnosis campaign none of these advances would be possible without the support, passion and drive of community members…people like you.
Our fight continues. It will not be over until we have a cure. If you are able, I ask you to make a tax-deductible donation to PHA’s End of Year Appeal and support our fight against PH in 2013.
In these uncertain times, it’s even more important that we all pitch in. We are a small community, and the actions of each of us resonate and have a great impact on the progress of our mission. Your donation to PHA’s End of Year appeal will help PHA carry out our mission in 2013. Each year we are called to do more…
· in 2013, medical leadership will be launching a new program to enhance the quality of treatment for patients in our new and growing field,
· our new pediatric research fund – the first of its kind in the world – will be making its initial grants
· the number of PHA support groups is on track to grow to over 250 early next year, an extraordinary number for a community our size
· the number of state Medicaid and other insurance issues we face have been and are expected to continue to grow rapidly
· we have been invited to partner in developing a global clinical trails initiative to help accelerate PH research
· and, much, much more.
Your help is essential to our ability to meet the growing opportunities to make a difference for those living with PH. And remember, Actelion Pharmaceuticals has made a generous offer to match the first $25,000 in donations from PHA supporters dollar for dollar. Please make a tax-deductible donation now.
For information on making gifts of stock, please email Giving@PHAssociation.org.
Thank you so much. I wish you good holidays...back to blogging in 2013!