Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A discovered birthday...


Today, January 12, 2010, was a marker...

Every year, I do an online presentation on the State of PHA.  It's a combination of slides and voice via conference call.  A few weeks before I deliver it to our general membership, I do a preview for our support group leaders.  Today was that preview. 

It's always a lot of fun.  Debbie Castro is an energetic emcee and there are good questions questions from many of our most active leaders. During the call, I mentioned the spirit of our founders and quoted one of them, Dorothy Olson, from the first PHA board meeting I attended in January1999.

That got me thinking about the first PHA meeting around the now-famous kitchen table in Florida (still in Pat & Jerry Paton's home).  I called the Patons to try to hunt down the date of that meeting.  After a bit of hunting, they found it in a story in Pathlight...January 12, 1991.

So PHA is 19 today.  We're coming to the end of our teens and I'd say maturing well in the impact we're having. Happy birthday PHA and may our wishes for better treatments and a cure come true very soon!


By the way, feel free to take a look at our e-learning event schedule.  You'l find recorded archives of paste events there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment