Monday, February 8, 2010

...and then there's staying at home

My last blog was about  the complications of travel.

Staying at home may not be much better.

I live in Takoma Park, Maryland which is 10 minutes from PHA's Silver Spring office and right next to Washington, DC.

Coming from NYC many years ago, I've always appreciated the "more reasonable' snows we have in this area.  Enough for some occasional white...not so much that shoveling becomes a major part of life.

At least, that's the way it was until this year.  We just had our second major snowstorm in six weeks.  And, this one was a doozie!   Starting Friday evening and going through late Saturday, we got about 30 inches - the largest drop in my 35 or so years in the area.

Well, shoveling has become a major part of my (and everyone else in the area's) life...at least this weekend.

At any rate, I'm all dug out and was able to slide my way to work today.  Next snowstorm is scheduled for tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment