Monday, October 5, 2009

The Children's Garden...

Some things just make you smile...

On Friday, I was checking my mailbox when one of our staff said, "Look at this".  She was pulling a book out of an envelope.  It was a children's book written by two children, Ankoor and Abhinav Talwar.

Their father, Arunabh Talwar, MD, had sent it along.  He is a pulmonologist working in PH at North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System and has been a speaker at the Long Island PH support group.

I don't get much time to read children's books these days but I really did enjoy this story of village children and their special place...and the garden's owner who closed the gates, at least for awhile.   The illustrations by Susnata Chatterjee were terrific.

So why am I writing about a children's book?  Well, really, I'm writing about another striking demonstration of generosity of spirit.  The Talwar children decided to donate the proceeds from their book to PHA.  Thank you Ankoor and Abhinav!

If you'd like to order a copy, you can find it at Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Garden-Ankoor-Talwar/dp/8189134124/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1210386509&sr=11-1

No comments:

Post a Comment