Saturday, October 24, 2009

I, Blog...



It's been a week since PHA's board meetings.

There's been a lot of catchup and followup and I've found that I've blogged a lot less this week than is my intent.  But I have been thinking about a question that Jack Stibbs, a long-time board member and friend, asked after I announced this blog to the board...
"Why do you do it?"
Good question, Jack.  And thanks for asking.

Truth be told, I like to write and blogging is a good format for a busy person.  I feel like I'm accomplishing something in a small chunk of time.  Call it a hobby.

I think there's something larger though.  I live PHA day-in and day out (and often night-in and night-out).  There's a lot I get to see from my perspective as PHA's president. 

Sure's there are the big programs and activities we do and the planning and executing...but I'm talking about something else, something personal and enriching. I often see the adversity in life transformed and elevated by heroic response. 

That happens in the day to day activities, the small things that often pass without being talked about.  A blog, this blog, forces me to focus and observe.

What I'm privileged to see is extraordinary.  It would be a shame not to share.

To read personal stories from the PH community - or to post your own - visit Our Journeys.

2 comments:

  1. Rino, thank you for starting this blog and for continuing to update it. I find your perspective interesting and encouraging. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy. I appreciate your comment. I'm also glad to see it.

    This morning a friend pointed out she was unable to post to this blog. I finally figured out that the default only allows people who have registered to post. That's now changed so posting is no longer restricted.

    Rino

    ReplyDelete